Friday, September 17, 2010

Messes

I don't understand how people could ever be angry with a child for making a mess. It happens quite frequently, parents are angry with their children and yell at them and make them clean their messes up. Yes, children need to learn when they make a mess you can't just leave it. But everyone makes messes, so there is no need for anger. If aaralynn makes a mess I tell her its okay and I will help you clean it up. I make her clean it so she learns the responsibility but I also tell her that I am just helping her so she understands it is her responsibility. I think that has been effective because when she does make a mess she says oops and starts trying to clean it. My little brother on the other hand makes a mess and gets yelled at until he cleans it up himself so i was watching him yesterday morning, he spilled his cereal and I asked him to clean it up and he yelled at me and told me no then ran in the other room and started playing. Aaralynn walks in there and tells him lets clean up the cereal buddy, I help you. That was pretty cute but he still refused because he hasn't been taught any better. Getting angry does not help! I make messes alot so I could never get mad at a child for making messes. Two examples: when I closed last night I left the water running in the sink which overflowed and it took me about ten minutes to mop it all up, then i was trying to carry waaayy too many things in the walk-in at once which is a disaster for me especially and i got the door open but the mustard bottle started to drop and instead of letting it hit the floor i tried stopping it and got mustard all over my shirt and the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment