Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Work

Basically work is super frustrating right now. Well I have to work because I have to pay for gas between muncie and anderson, daycare, and work. Plus I have to pay for daycare, bills, food, other miscellaneous things such as my stupid car which I have overall payed $600 to get fixed and I believe I still have another $140 in things that still need fixed. My dad said he would help me with gas money as soon as I started school, my mom said she will help me with anything I needed help with like gas, food, clothes, or bills as soon as I moved out. I have yet to see any money from either parents. Which is fine because the main reason I moved out is that I know I need to rely on myself, I have for many years now. Anyways, back to the work, I'm supposed to get 38 hours a week and my manager keeps scheduling me 31 a week. That means 14 hours off of a check that I'm not getting and it really sucks. So I told her that on Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of 7 or 8 to closes I can work 4 to closes. I told her this as she was starting on the schedule and she said okay. Well she goes ahead and schedules me 8 to close tuesday and 7 to close thursday. So I'm pretty ticked off at this point but oh well maybe she will change it next week. Well yesterday when I was supposed to work the 8 to close I was going to pick up Aaralynn and spend a few hours with her and try to get a working washer in my house (another expense). Tyler ended up texting me saying that our manager just put up a sign saying we start closing at 11 during the week. I was like I sure hope we start that next week, nope it was this week. So I called my manager and said there is no way that you are scheduling me for 31 hours then I have to lose 4 hours on top of that. I told her I'm scheduled those four hours and I will get paid for those hours. Well she decides to tell me well it isn't my fault because we just found out yesterday, oh it kind of is my fault. I'm like you think so! She never wants to take blame for her actions and it makes me mad. So after I'm walking out the door with Aaralynn she decides to tell me to come in to work 4-8 because some girl didn't show up for her shift. So I'm torn with going to work or spending time with Aaralynn. I mean it's a no brainer that I want to be with Aaralynn but I also don't have a whole lot of money and with losing hours I had to make sure I could get more hours. So I decided to talk to Aaralynn and she really didn't want me to go to work but she was okay with it. The lady that runs the daycare told me today that I shouldn't have went. I'm thinking well how do you figure that I'm losing that many hours plus I have all these finances and I payed her like an extra hundred dollars just so she had enough money to pay her house payment and not have negative in the bank but I shouldn't have went into work. This was after she told me how good and happy and playful Aaralynn was. I just don't understand because of course it was hard for me but I still have to provide for Aaralynn and make sure she is in a safe environment with everything she needs plus put myself through school so I can get a good job making decent money, at least so we can live comfortably and not paycheck to paycheck the rest of her life. Anyways, today is going to be terrible because this morning the two people running the store will be the district manager and a shift supervisor who are both very mean and just annoying so things will be chaotic all day, I get there at four which is when they are supposed to leave so it will be chaos walking in there. Then at four when I get there our general manager (the one that does the scheduling and such) and a shift supervisor who is pregnant and lazy will be running the store for the rest of the night. So all night it will be chaotic. Not only that but closing an hour early will give me an hour less to do things I have to do like sandwich station, shake station, salads, dishes, and cleaning. It's going to be a mess and I'm certainly not looking forward to it. Well I'm off to study, class, then work. Can't wait to spend the morning with Aaralynn tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment